The operations management assignments help offered by Assign U is specially designed for students of operations management and students pursuing an MBA degree. We have a team of experienced writers who are familiar with the entire operations management syllabus.
A typical structure of an operation management paper
Business and Management students studying for the BTEC level five courses and this unit will need to satisfy the criteria exactly as laid down in the assignment brief and as described here. But you should, wherever possible, use examples from your organization and the business sector, as well as showing evidence of having studied the unique topics in-depth and breadth by referring, where appropriate, to relevant models, theories, and established best practices. To enhance your understanding of these assignment issues, we strongly advise you to discuss them with supply chain management, purchasing, and procurement specialists, and operational and senior managers in your organization who know SCDL from A to Z. Also, be sure to read all the additional articles in your study material.
Each section should be approximately 375 words, although this is flexible, up to around 450 words, not including graphics or illustrations. So you will need to keep your responses focused on what is being specifically asked for in each section.
- Do just as I asked but bear in mind that there is a range of slightly different definitions. Include at least two definitions applicable to supply chain management, ideally ones that apply to different types of organizations.
- Do just as asked, but show in your response that you are aware of variations relevant to the world of supply chain management.
- Summarize the key business environment factors. For example, new technologies and availability of resources and the key environmental management factors, For example, pressure on reducing waste and pollution and using environmentally friendly resources.
- An operations strategy defines how different components of the business will work together to achieve success. Organizations define operations strategies differently based on the management style and the needs of the organization. You will need to describe at least three different operations strategies that three different types of organizations might adopt.
- Describe a specific purchasing-related business scenario or situation and suggest with justification an operations strategy that you feel should be adopted.
- Explain why effective operations management contributes to strategic planning and whole organization decision-making. But give your response in the context of supply chain management.
- A vast range of factors affects the design of products and services, including cost, ergonomics, production capability, customer requirements, and many more. You’ll need to list these and then focus on the benefits of good design. That is a design that satisfies the needs and is within the organization’s capability, and, of course, meets the needs of the customers.
- Select and describe an actual operational management situation, one that exists or one that could be created to produce a particular product or service, and suggest at least two layouts or processes that you feel could be effective.
- Technically, work measurements embrace time, study, motion time systems, activity, sampling, estimating, and synthesis. However, there are differing views on how effective and relevant these are to particular situations and particular products and services. You’ll need to discuss this here.
- Describe an actual situation, ideally from your organization and or experience, or one that you can research and discuss options such as level capacity, chase demand, managing demand, or a mix of these, and select with justification a capacity, planning, and control approach for that situation.
- There are several established inventory planning methods such as replenishment min-max reorder point kanban, periodic automatic. You’ll need to describe these and explain the potential costs, disadvantages, and advantages of each one.
- Finally, you need to summarize the project management approach using project management tools and techniques and the quality control approach, using sampling, spot check, SPC, etc., as part of QAMS and briefly explain how these will be applied to operational activity.
Don’t forget that you also need to add a list of sources of information and references showing any books, websites, articles, case studies, reports, internal documents, and people interviewed that you drew on to complete your assignment. The sources of information and references are not included in your word count. Below is a list of websites you should find helpful when completing this assignment.